Sunday, March 18, 2012

But




You say you love me
And say you would take me true.
I like you and us. But
will you take my demons too?

You say you like me smile
And the pictures I with my words drew
Those are most pretty. But
will you take my sorrows too?

You say I take you to the sweetest spots
As you laugh under the yew
 I told you just the funny ones. But
will you hear for my tragedies too?

You say we make a handsome couple
And hang our pictures in purview
Oft though I rem and I cry. But
will you frame my red eyes too?

You licked your lips and smacked your tongue
When I cooked your favorite stew
That was a feast. But
Will you drink my poison too?

You embraced me as we sat,
By the fire just us two.
Ours was the warmth. But,
Will you hug my loneliness too?

You said I lit your fire
And heavy a breath you drew  
We were in rapture. Will you But
Moan, when I blurt Her name too?

So this is what I am to give
The laughter, the love anew,
The passion and with that. But
Will you take; Me too?

5 comments:

Have something to say? Say it here