Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lose You




I light the candles as I wait for her
And place the record gently on the turn table
As I think of our vows and happy times together
A part begs me to salvage this while I’m still able.

But I shut it out for one more time
And think about removing the deadwood,
An euthanasia for the dying love, far past it’s prime.
I resolve, If I’m gonna lose you, I’ll lose you now for good.

I don’t want a better life, I’ll settle for less.
I’ll take my punishments I’m writing in the scroll.
For taking from this comically tragic vaudeville, a graceful egress.
The Coup de grĂ¢ce to the body with no soul.

She doesn’t know this of course;
That tonight is the glorious end of the abyss,
And only inkling of how our love took this course,
To utter misery from heart felt bliss.

I hear the music and a voice rich and forlorn
But save the last dance for her, I would.
What If I’ll have to wander this world alone,
If I’m gonna lose you, I’ll lose you now for good.

She left me first or love left us first
The prize question I never understood.
But tonight with her parting tears I’ll quench my thirst.
As tonight I’ll end it all;
Coz’ if I’m gonna lose you, I’ll lose you now for good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it here