Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hope


What do I hope for? I hope for a lot of things. I had hoped for a lot of things, I had hoped for you and I still long for you. But now there are things I hope for you. I hope that when the nights are cold and there’s nobody to hug but your blanket, when the silence deafens you, when you can find anything but sleep in your bed, I hope that then you think of me. I hope that you think of me and you lament. I hope that you think of me and lament and you can’t forgive yourself. How I will never forgive you. How I will never forgive you for what you did to me. For what you did to me and what you did to us.

And what about me? I will carry on living my life. I will carry on living my life without forgetting and without forgiving. I will carry on living my life to the fullest and will find every happiness there is to be found other than you. Or I will die trying; die trying to find every happiness there is to be found other than you. And that; will be my revenge. Or at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it here